अरवल ज़िला,ارول ضلع
|• లోకసభ నియోజకవర్గాలు||Jahanabad|
|• శాసనసభ నియోజకవర్గాలు||Arwal and Kurtha|
|• మొత్తం||638 కి.మీ2 (246 చ. మై)|
|• సాంద్రత||1,100/కి.మీ2 (2,800/చ. మై.)|
|• అక్షరాస్యత||67.43 per cent|
|• లింగ నిష్పత్తి||928|
|ప్రధాన రహదార్లు||NH 98, NH 110|
The district is infested with Naxalites, which is one factor that hampers growth of the area besides lack of infrastructure and power.మూస:Original research? Communism is yet another factor where there is always a tussle between high class and low class of society.మూస:Original research? There was a massacre of Dalit people at Laxmanpur Bathe in 1997. It is currently a part of the Red Corridor.
Arwal is the unique district of Bihar in the sense of quality of water and its greater availability .As per survey done by the experts underground water of arwal is completely free from the impurities.Water is available at most of the place at much shallower depths this is the reason why most of the households of arwal used to install handpumps in stead of motors snd storage.Excellent transportation,Son river and huge availability of water in Arwal may provide suitable conditions to establishment of industries.It is the part of plain of Ganga.There are most agricultural field.
Economy of the district is totally agriculture-based, and this area does not have any presence of any industry. Paddy, wheat and pulse are the main crops. Though most of the area of the district is well irrigated, due to lack of infrastructure and power, farmers are not benefitted.
The district comprises only one sub-division, Arwal Sadar, which is further divided into five blocks: Arwal, Karpi, Kaler, Kurtha and Suryapur Vanshi.
Nearest airport is at Patna and railway station is at Jehanabad. By road, Arwal is linked with Jehanabad, Patna and Aurangabad transport by road.Another major road link was started which connects Arwal with Bhojpur areas after completion of mega son river bridge project.It is having excellent communication facility with other cities of India. NH98 which passes through arwal connects NH2.
According to the 2011 census Arwal district has a population of 700,843, roughly equal to the nation of Bhutan or the US state of North Dakota. This gives it a ranking of 502nd in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 1,099 inhabitants per square kilometre (2,850/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 19.01%. Arwal has a sex ratio of 927 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 69.54%.
Culture / Tourism[మార్చు]
Being a small district, Arwal has lesser place of interest where you can drop and enjoy the monuments but it offers a scenic and true India in rainy season when paddy is cultivated and farms are full of greenery. Besides, a leisure walk can be taken for hours on the banks of river Son. One of the leading Sufi Makhdoom Hazreat Shamshuddin Arwali's Khanquah Khanqah e Shamsia Situated at banks of river Son.in Shahi Mohalla is well known spiritual centre of Bihar.
- Akhilesh Prasad Singh Ex-Minister Govt of India
- Tariq Anwar Cabnet Manister Govt of India
- [Dr Syed Masood Alam]
- Shri Rang Bhadur Singh Former MLA of Arwal and legend Jamindar
- Shri Ram Sinhasan Singh Noted Freedom Fighter led 1942 India Quit Movement in Arwal
Arwal has literacy level of 45%.The level of primary and middle education is satisfactory, but in higher education district has not very good representation. Persons belonging to this district reach high professions like IAS, IITians. It has 3 college,39 high school,187 middle school and 282 primary school under state govt of Bihar.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- "83 districts under the Security Related Expenditure Scheme". IntelliBriefs. 2009-12-11. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- Srivastava, Dayawanti et al. (ed.) (2010). "States and Union Territories: Bihar: Government". India 2010: A Reference Annual (54th ed.). New Delhi, India: Additional Director General, Publications Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (India), Government of India. pp. 1118–1119. ISBN 978-81-230-1617-7.
|url=(help)CS1 maint: Extra text: authors list (link)
- "Island Directory Tables: Islands by Land Area". United Nations Environment Program. 1998-02-18. Retrieved 2011-10-11.
Foley Island 638km2horizontal tab character in
|quote=at position 13 (help)
- "Bihar districts:Arwal". Official website of Bihar. Archived from the original on 23 September 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-12.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Bhutan 708,427line feed character in
|quote=at position 7 (help)
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
North Dakota 672,591line feed character in
|quote=at position 13 (help)
|భోజ్పూర్ జిల్లా.||పాట్నా జిల్లా|
|రోహ్తాస్ జిల్లా||జహానాబాద్ జిల్లా|
|ఔరంగాబాద్, బీహార్ జిల్లా.||గయ జిల్లా.|