కర్ణాటక జిల్లాల జాబితా
ఈ వ్యాసాన్ని పూర్తిగా అనువాదకులకు వనరులు)తరువాత ఈ మూసను తీసివేయండి. అనువాదం చేయాల్సిన వ్యాస భాగం ఒకవేళ ప్రధాన పేరుబరిలో వున్నట్లయితే పాఠ్యం సవరించు నొక్కినప్పుడు కనబడవచ్చు. అనువాదం పూర్తయినంతవరకు ఎర్రలింకులు లేకుండా చూడాలంటే ప్రస్తుత ఆంగ్ల కూర్పుని, భాషల లింకుల ద్వారా చూడండి(
The Indian State of Karnataka is located within 11°30' North and 18°30' North latitudes and 74° East and 78°30' East longitude. It is situated on a tableland where the Western and Eastern Ghat ranges converge into the Nilgiri hill complex, in the western part of the Deccan Peninsular region of India. The State is bounded by Maharastra and Goa States in the north and northwest; the Arabian Sea in the west; Kerala and Tamil Nadu States in the south and the States of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh in the east. The state covers an area of 191,976 square kilometres (74,122 sq mi), or 5.83% of the total geographical area of India. Geographically, the state is divided into 3 principal regions:the coastal region of Karavali, the hilly Malenadu region comprising the Western Ghats and the Bayaluseeme region comprising the plains of the Deccan plateau.
After Indian independence, Maharaja Jayachamarajendra Wodeyar acceded the princely state of Mysore to India. In 1950, Mysore became an Indian state. Following the long-standing demand of the Ekikarana Movement, Kodagu- and Kannada-speaking regions from the adjoining states of Madras, Hyderabad and Bombay were incorporated into the Mysore state, under the States Reorganization Act of 1956. The thus expanded state was renamed Karnataka, seventeen years later, in 1973.
Karnataka is now divided into 28 districts and 4 administrative divisions. Districts are administered by a District collector, and divisions are administered by a Divisional Commissioner. Bangalore is the capital of the state.
Karnataka took its present shape in 1956, when the states of Mysore and Coorg (Kodagu) were merged with the Kannada-speaking districts of the former states of Bombay, Hyderabad, and Madras. Mysore state was made up of ten districts, Bangalore, Kolar, Tumakuru, Mandya, Mysore, Hassan, Chikmagalur (Kadur), Shimoga and Chitradurga; Bellary had been transferred from Madras state to Mysore in 1953, when the new state of Andhra Pradesh was created out of Madras' northern districts. Coorg state became a district, Dakshina Kannada (South Kanara) district was transferred from Madras State, Uttara Kannada, Dharwad District, Belgaum District, and Bijapur District from Bombay State, and Bidar, Gulbarga District, and Raichur district from Hyderabad State.
In 1989, the Bangalore Rural district was split from Bangalore.
Notification RD 42 LRD 87 Part III was part of a notification issued by the Government of Karnataka on August 2, 1997 in Bangalore that resulted in the creation of seven new districts in the Indian state of Karnataka. The new districts created were
- Chamrajnagar district from Mysore district
- Davanagere district from Chitradurga district, Bellary district and Shimoga district
- Bagalkot district from Bijapur district
- Gadag district and Haveri district from Dharwad district
- Udupi district from Dakshina Kannada
- Koppal district from Raichur district
The notification resulted in Karnataka being politically subdivided into 27 official districts with various taluks existing within each district.
On June 21, 2007 the Government announced the cabinet approval for the creation of two more districts: Ramanagara District and Chikballapur district. Ramanagara District and Chikballapura District are being formed by the bifurcation of Bangalore Rural District and Kolar Districts respectively.
Also there is a Proposal of creating Chikodi District out of Belgaum District for betterment of Administration and development of border areas.This includes Chikodi, Athani, Raybag, Hukkeri, Nipani and Kagawad talukas.
A district of an Indian state is an administrative geographical unit, headed by a Deputy Commissioner or District Magistrate, an officer belonging to the Indian Administrative Service. The district magistrate or the deputy commissioner is assisted by a number of officers belonging to the Karnataka Civil Service and other Karnataka state services.
A Superintendent of Police (India), usually an officer belonging to the Indian Police Service is entrusted with the responsibility of maintaining law and order and related issues of the district. He is assisted by the officers of the Karnataka Police Service and other Karnataka Police officials. Cities like Bangalore, Mysore, Mangalore and Hubli-Dharwad are headed by a Commissioner of Police holding the rank of Additional Director General of Police(ADGP) or Inspector General of Police (IGP).
A Deputy Conservator of Forests, an officer belonging to the Indian Forest Service is responsible for managing the forests, the environment and wild-life of the district. He is assisted by the officers of the Karnataka Forest Service and other Karnataka Forest officials and Karnataka wildlife officials.
Sectoral development is looked after by the district head of each development department such as PWD, Health, Education, Agriculture, Animal husbandry, etc. These officers belong to the various state services.
|బెంగుళూరు డివిజను||బెల్గాం డివిజను||గుల్బర్గా డివిజను||మైసూరు డివిజను|
|కోడ్||జిల్లా||ప్రధానకార్యలయము||స్థాపితము||ఉపవిభాగాలు||జనాభా(2001 సం. నాటికి)||ప్రాంతం||జనాభా సాంద్రత||మ్యాపు|
|బికె||బాగల్కోట్||బాగల్కోట్||15 ఆగష్టు, 1997||1,651,892||6,575 kమీ2 (2,539 sq mi)||251/km2 (650/sq mi)|
|బిఎన్||బెంగుళూరు అర్బన్||బెంగళూరు||1 నవంబర్, 1956||6,537,124||100,000 kమీ2 (39,000 sq mi)||2,985/km2 (7,730/sq mi)|
|బిఆర్||బెంగుళూరు గ్రామీణ||బెంగళూరు||15 ఆగష్టు, 1986||850,968||2,259 kమీ2 (872 sq mi)||377/km2 (980/sq mi)|
|బిజ్జి||బెలగావి||బెలగావి||1 నవంవరు, 1956||4,214,505||13,415 kమీ2 (5,180 sq mi)||314/km2 (810/sq mi)|
|బిఎల్||బళ్ళారి||బళ్ళారి||1 నవంబర్, 1956||2,027,140||8,450 kమీ2 (3,260 sq mi)||240/km2 (620/sq mi)|
|బిడి||బీదర్||బీదర్||1 నవంబర్, 1956||1,502,373||5,448 kమీ2 (2,103 sq mi)||276/km2 (710/sq mi)|
|బిజె||విజాపుర||విజాపుర||1 నవంబర్, 1956||1,806,918||10,494 kమీ2 (4,052 sq mi)||171/km2 (440/sq mi)|
|సిజె||చామరాజనగర్||చామరాజనగర్||15 ఆగష్టు, 1997||965,462||5,101 kమీ2 (1,970 sq mi)||189/km2 (490/sq mi)|
|చిక్కబల్లాపూర్||చిక్కబల్లాపూర్||10 సెప్టెంబరు, 2007||1,149,007||4,524 kమీ2 (1,747 sq mi)||308/km2 (800/sq mi)|
|సికె||చిక్మగళూరు||చిక్మగళూరు||1 నవంబర్. 1956||1,140,905||7,201 kమీ2 (2,780 sq mi)||158/km2 (410/sq mi)|
|సిటి||చిత్రదుర్గ||చిత్రదుర్గ||1 నవంబర్, 1956||1,517,896||8,440 kమీ2 (3,260 sq mi)||180/km2 (470/sq mi)|
|డికె||దక్షిణ కన్నడ||మంగళూరు||1 నవంబర్, 1956||1,897,730||4,560 kమీ2 (1,760 sq mi)||416/km2 (1,080/sq mi)|
|డిఎ||దావణగేరె||దావణగేరె||15 ఆగష్టు, 1997||1,790,952||5,924 kమీ2 (2,287 sq mi)||333/km2 (860/sq mi)|
|డిహెచ్||ధార్వాడ్||ధార్వాడ్||1 నవంబర్, 1956||1,604,253||4,260 kమీ2 (1,640 sq mi)||376/km2 (970/sq mi)|
|జిఎ||గదగ్||గదగ్||24 ఆగష్టు, 1997||971,835||4,656 kమీ2 (1,798 sq mi)||209/km2 (540/sq mi)|
|జియు||గుల్బర్గా||కలబురాగి||1 నవంబర్, 1956||2,174,742||10,951 kమీ2 (4,228 sq mi)||198.5/km2 (514/sq mi)|
|హెచ్ఎస్||హసన్||హసన్||1 నవంబర్, 1956||1,721,669||6,814 kమీ2 (2,631 sq mi)||287/km2 (740/sq mi)|
|హెచ్వి||హవేరి||హవేరి||24 ఆగష్టు, 1997||1,439,116||4,823 kమీ2 (1,862 sq mi)||298/km2 (770/sq mi)|
|కెడి||కొడగు||మడికెరి||1 నవంబర్, 1956||548,561||4,102 kమీ2 (1,584 sq mi)||194/km2 (500/sq mi)|
|కెఎల్||కోలారు||కోలారు||1 నవంబర్, 1956||1,387,062||3,969 kమీ2 (1,532 sq mi)||348/km2 (900/sq mi)|
|కెపి||కొప్పళ||కొప్పళ||24 ఆగస్టు, 1997||1,196,089||7,189 kమీ2 (2,776 sq mi)||166/km2 (430/sq mi)|
|ఎమ్ఎ||మాండ్య||మాండ్య||1 నవంబర్, 1956
(29 August 1939)
|1,763,705||4,961 kమీ2 (1,915 sq mi)||355/km2 (920/sq mi)|
|ఎమ్వై||మైసూరు||మైసూరు||1 నవంబర్, 1956||2,641,027||6,854 kమీ2 (2,646 sq mi)||419/km2 (1,090/sq mi)|
|ఆర్ఎ||రాయచూరు||రాయచూరు||1 నవంబర్, 1956||1,669,762||6,827 kమీ2 (2,636 sq mi)||244/km2 (630/sq mi)|
|రామనగరం||రామనగరం||10 సెప్టెంబరు, 2007||1,030,546||3,556 kమీ2 (1,373 sq mi)||290/km2 (750/sq mi)|
|ఎస్హెచ్||షిమోగా||షిమోగా||1 నవంబర్, 1956||1,642,545||8,477 kమీ2 (3,273 sq mi)||194/km2 (500/sq mi)|
|టియు||తుమకూరు||తుమకూరు||1 నవంబర్, 1956||2,584,711||10,597 kమీ2 (4,092 sq mi)||244/km2 (630/sq mi)|
|యుడి||ఉడిపి||ఉడిపి||25 ఆగస్టు, 1997||1,112,243||3,880 kమీ2 (1,500 sq mi)||287/km2 (740/sq mi)|
|యుకె||ఉత్తర కన్నడ||కార్వార్||1 నవంబర్, 1956||1,353,644||10,291 kమీ2 (3,973 sq mi)||132/km2 (340/sq mi)|
|యాదగిర్||యాదగిర్||30 డిసెంబరు, 2009||956,180||5,273 kమీ2 (2,036 sq mi)||181.4/km2 (470/sq mi)|
- "Petition against transfer of Bellary dismissed". Indian Express. 30 September 1953. Retrieved 17 December 2010.
- Chinnappa, Jeevan (15 November 2005). "Did reorganisation panel ignore Kodava leaders' plea?". The Hindu. Retrieved 17 December 2010.
- "2 new districts notified in Bangalore". Online Edition of The Times of India, dated 2007-08-06. 6 August 2007. Retrieved 2007-08-09.
- "Creation of Yadgir district". Online Edition of The Hindu, dated 2009-12-30. Chennai, India. 30 December 2009.
- "NIC Policy on format of e-mail Address: Appendix (2): Districts Abbreviations as per ISO 3166–2" (PDF). Ministry Of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India. 2004-08-18. pp. 5–10. Retrieved 2008-11-24.
- "Know India — Districts of Karnataka". Government of India portal. Retrieved 16 November 2010.
- Here 'Established' means year of establishment as a district of Karnataka. If the district was formed earlier to the formation of district in the state of Karnataka, 1 November 1956 will be considered as the day of establishment of the district.
- "STATES REORGANISATION ACT 1956 - Formation of a new Mysore State". Retrieved 17 November 2010.
- "A Handbook of Karnataka — Administration" (pdf). Government of Karnataka. pp. 354, 355. Retrieved 16 November 2010.
- "Bagalkot district statistics- Area and Population" (PDF). Retrieved 17 November 2010.
- "District at a glance" (PDF). Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- "District Profile". Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- "Bengaluru Rural — District at a glance" (pdf). Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- "Geography & population information(Census-2001) Belagavi Division". Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- "Ballari profile". Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- "Bidar district — Statistics at a glance" (pdf). Bidar district administration. Retrieved 17 November 2010.
- "Census 2001". Regional commissioner office Mysuru. Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- "District Profile — Area and population". Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- "District at a glance". Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- "Davanagere district — A profile". Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- "Kalaburagi district profile". Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- "Kodagu district profile". DSERT. Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- "Kolar district at a glance" (pdf). Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- "Koppal District Statistics — Area & Population". Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- Note: This date means the day when the district was initially formed , even before the formation of the state of Karnataka(Mysuru). Hence 1 November 1956 will be considered as the day of formation of district in the state of Karnataka
- "Formation of Mandya district". Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- "district statistics". Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- "Mysuru district profile". DSERT. Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- "Shivamogga district statistics booklet p5" (PDF). Retrieved 18 November 2010.
- "Ground water information booklet p5" (PDF). Central ground water board. Retrieved 18 November 2010.