Uttar Pradesh లో Lucknow జిల్లా స్థానము
|• లోకసభ నియోజకవర్గాలు||Lucknow & Mohanlalganj|
|• మొత్తం||2,528 కి.మీ2 (976 చ. మై)|
|• సాంద్రత||1,800/కి.మీ2 (4,700/చ. మై.)|
Lucknow District (హిందీ: लखनऊ ज़िला, Urdu: لکھنؤ ضلع) is a district located in the Uttar Pradesh state in northern India. The city of Lucknow is the district headquarters and the district is part of Lucknow Division and also is the capital of Uttar Pradesh.The City was established in 1775 as the nawab of Awadh moved his capital from Faizabad to Lucknow and made it one of the most prosperous and glittering cities in all India.
Located in what was historically known as the Awadh region, Lucknow has always been a multicultural place. Courtly mannerism, lofty gardens, poetry, music, and fine traditional cuisine patronized by the Persian-loving Shia Nawabs are well known amongst Indians and students of South Asian culture and history.
|Climate chart (explanation)|
The climate of Lucknow district is predominantly subtropical in nature. Hot atmosphere during the months of May and June and heavy rainfalls during the months of June, July and August are the typical characteristics of Lucknow.
According to the 2011 census Lucknow district has a population of 4,588,455, roughly equal to the nation of Georgia or the US state of Louisiana. This gives it a ranking of 31st in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 1,815 inhabitants per square kilometre (4,700/sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 25.79%. Lucknow has a sex ratio of 906 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 79.33%.
Blocks in Lucknow District[మార్చు]
The following are the blocks in the district of Lucknow:
Languages spoken here include Awadhi, a vernacular in the Hindi continuum spoken by over 38 million people, mainly in the Awadh region. Urdu and Hindi are also the two mainstream languages of the district.
- "Welcome to the city of Nawabs". Lucknow Online. 2012. Retrieved 2012-01-16. Cite web requires
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30. Cite web requires
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01.
Georgia 4,585,874 July 2011 est.line feed character in
|quote=at position 8 (help); Cite web requires
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
Louisiana 4,533,372line feed character in
|quote=at position 10 (help); Cite web requires
- M. Paul Lewis, సంపాదకుడు. (2009). "Awadhi: A language of India". Ethnologue: Languages of the World (16th edition సంపాదకులు.). Dallas, Texas: SIL International. Retrieved 2011-09-28.CS1 maint: extra text (link)
|Hardoi district||Sitapur district|
|Bara Banki district|
|Unnao district||Rae Bareli district|