వికీపీడియా:Featured article criteria
A featured article exemplifies our very best work and is distinguished by professional standards of writing, presentation, and sourcing. In addition to meeting the policies regarding content for all Wikipedia articles, it has the following attributes.
- It is—
- well-written: its prose is engaging and of a professional standard;
- comprehensive: it neglects no major facts or details and places the subject in context;
- well-researched: it is a thorough and representative survey of the relevant literature. Claims are verifiable against high-quality reliable sources and are supported by inline citations where appropriate;
- neutral: it presents views fairly and without bias; and
- stable: it is not subject to ongoing edit wars and its content does not change significantly from day to day, except in response to the featured article process.
- It follows the style guidelines, including the provision of—
- a lead: a concise lead section that summarizes the topic and prepares the reader for the detail in the subsequent sections;
- appropriate structure: a substantial but not overwhelming system of hierarchical section headings; and
- consistent citations: where required by criterion 1c, consistently formatted inline citations using either footnotes (<ref>Smith 2007, p. 1.</ref>) or Harvard referencing (Smith 2007, p. 1)—see citing sources for suggestions on formatting references. Citation templates are not required.
- Media. It has images and other media, where appropriate, with succinct captions and acceptable copyright status. Images follow the image use policy. Non-free images or media must satisfy the criteria for inclusion of non-free content and be labeled accordingly.
- Length. It stays focused on the main topic without going into unnecessary detail and uses summary style.
|The path to a featured article|
- Wikipedia:Featured list criteria
- Wikipedia:Featured picture criteria
- Wikipedia:Featured portal criteria
- Wikipedia:Featured sound criteria
- Wikipedia:Featured topic criteria
- Wikipedia:Article development
- Wikipedia:The perfect article
- Wikipedia:Featured article advice
- Wikipedia:A-Class criteria
- Wikipedia:Featured article vs Good article criteria
Advice from Wikipedians[మార్చు]
- User:Tony1/How to improve your writing
- User:Jengod/Some common objections to featured status and how to avoid them
- User:Yannismarou/Ten rules to make an article FA
- User:Dweller/Dweller, on Featured Article Candidates
- Suggestions on how to navigate the FA and A-class review process
Notes and references[మార్చు]
- Smith, Jane (2007). The Book of Examples. New York: Best Publishers, Inc.