వికీపీడియా:Declaration of consent for all enquiries
In most cases people who donate content should do so at Wikimedia Commons, which is the media repository which serves Wikipedia and related projects. Please look first at Wikimedia Common's media donation instructions and unless something there does not suit you and you feel that the below instructions are better, please use those instructions.
Many people give Wikipedia permission to reuse their content (text, images, video, audio, etc.). We are grateful for this. However, we receive many unclear or ambiguous statements of permission (such as "I allow Wikipedia to reuse my photos"). There is a certain way for uploading media which protects both the uploader and Wikipedia users by making clear to both how shared content can be used.
We cannot use your content on the basis of such statements. This is because such statements do not tell us who may use your content under which conditions and for which purpose. For this reason, your statement of permission must tell us under which set of rules (called a "copyright license") you make your content available. We also need to know that you are authorized to release the content to us.
To do so, please copy the text below into the e-mail from an address associated with the original publication or providing proof of identify (depending on circumstances; see below), by which you grant us permission to use your content, and make any necessary amendments before sending the e-mail. Please include the URL of the page or image as located on Wikipedia or Wikimedia Commons for which you are providing permission.
I hereby affirm that CHOOSE ONE: [I, (name here), am] OR [(copyright holder's name) is] the creator and/or sole owner of the exclusive copyright of [SPECIFY THE WORK HERE - describe the work to be released in detail, attach the work to the email, or give the URL of the work if online]
I agree to STANDARD CHOICE; SEE BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION ON TYPE OF LICENSE: [publish that work under the free license "Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported" and GNU Free Documentation License (unversioned, with no invariant sections, front-cover texts, or back-cover texts).]
I acknowledge that by doing so I grant anyone the right to use the work in a commercial product or otherwise, and to modify it according to their needs, provided that they abide by the terms of the license and any other applicable laws.
I am aware that this agreement is not limited to Wikipedia or related sites.
I am aware that I always retain copyright of my work, and retain the right to be attributed in accordance with the license chosen. Modifications others make to the work will not be claimed to have been made by me.
I acknowledge that I cannot withdraw this agreement, and that the content may or may not be kept permanently on a Wikimedia project.
[SENDER'S NAME AND DETAILS (to allow future verification of authenticity)]
[SENDER'S AUTHORITY (Are you the copyright-holder, director, appointed representative of, etc.)]
Type of license[మార్చు]
In the above example, the license granted is dual: Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 license and GNU Free Documentation license. Under some circumstances you may choose another license and substitute its exact name in the statement of permission:
- For images, you may choose at least one type of license from our list of free licenses. All licenses we use have similar intentions. You must state the specific license: CC-BY-SA version 3.0 or Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike 3.0 are acceptably specific, just stating Creative Commons license or Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (without the version number) is not. You are not required to use dual licenses for images.
- For text, you must select a license compatible with Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0. It is strongly recommended that you use that particular license, as subtle nuances in other licenses may make them incompatible and create problems with your consent. If you are the contributor of the text to Wikipedia and the sole copyright holder, you must co-license the text under the GNU Free Documentation License. Otherwise, the dual license may be omitted.
- IMPORTANT: YOU MUST STATE A TYPE OF LICENSE WE CAN USE; OTHERWISE THIS DECLARATION IS NOT VALID.
- The other fields shown in bold and upper-case need to be filled out if applicable. This also helps clarify to the owner what they are agreeing to. If they are not filled out, the declaration and license will NOT be accepted. Details that you might need to include are:
- Name of the work
- Link to identify the work, if not included in the email
- Your name and your authority to sign the declaration (ie that you are the copyright holder, a director, their appointed representative, etc).
- Name and details of copyright holder, if different or you are acting on someone else's behalf
- Date of signing
Identification of material[మార్చు]
- Make sure to include the URL of the image or text if the work itself is not attached to your email. If the work is not online, you may wish to give ISBN or other details that would identify the specific work.
- E-Mail the permission e-mails to our email response team ("OTRS") at firstname.lastname@example.org (for articles or English Wikipedia uploads) or email@example.com (for Commons or if unsure). Do not send the email to both addresses; this will not make things any faster and will create extra work for volunteers. Please send a copy to the person (if any) you were previously in touch with so they know about it.
- The email you send must come from an email address that we can recognize. For instance, if you are releasing a website or images from a website, your email address must be associated with the website or listed on the contact page of the website. If you are releasing a work that is not available online, you may be required to provide proof of your identity. If you are releasing a work where you are acting on the copyright holder's behalf, you may be required to provide proof of authorization to work on the copyright holder's behalf.