వికీపీడియా:Setting up your browser for Indic scripts
Do you feel nervous or scared about speaking English in public? Did your inability to speak fluently in English with the interviewer cost you a cherished job at an MNC?
Inputting Latin text on the Telugu Wikipedia[మార్చు]
This is a site-specific feature that only affects the online Wikipedia page editor. It is not a change in your system keyboard setting. The transliteration mapping used is specific to the Telugu edition of Wikipedia (other Wikimedia projects may use other transliteration mappings, such as Latin-to-Cyrillic).
If you want to disable the automatic transliteration of your input characters (for example to type words using the Latin script) and use your native Latin-based keyboard, or if you have to input Latin text in this wiki, just press the Escape key in the editor window or disable the checkbox at the top of the Telugu Wikipedia page editor.
You can switch back to the Latin-to-Telugu transliteration input mode by pressing Esc or by enabling the checkbox again.
Configuring your system for Telugu[మార్చు]
While most newer versions of Microsoft Windows and GNU/Linux distributions have basic support for viewing and editing Telugu in Unicode, they still need some configuration to get Telugu working. There are three components critical for browsing Telugu unicode web pages: Font, Web Browser and Keyboard. After setting up a font and web browser, you will be able to read the articles on the Telugu Wikipedia. If you need to search, edit articles or participate in discussion on this project, you will need to set up your keyboard to input Telugu text. Follow the instructions for your operating system to set up these components.
- Click the name of your operating system from the list given below
Typing in Telugu in Wikipedia[మార్చు]
Telugu Wikipedia server supports transliteration of English alphabet to Telugu. For details please see Wikpedia Telugu Typing help in Telugu language after your Telugu setup is successful rferirrorroflv జష్ద్ఫ్జహ్స్ద్జ్క్ఫ్
- "Key board" article in Telugu in Telugu Wikipedia
- en:Help:Multilingual support (Indic) (on the English
- Uninagari Online Telugu Typewriter
- How to enable Indian Language Support at OS level? - has detailed (with screenshots) instructions on enabling Indian language support in Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
- Swecha - GNU/Linux Telugu Localization Effort - has information on setting up Telugu support for GNU/Linux.
- Display Problems - information on Unicode site about viewing Unicode text.
- IndLinux Wiki
- Telugublog Google Group