|Established||2 అక్టోబరు 1992|
|• లోక్ సభ సభ్యుడు||జయరాం పంగి|
|• Official||ఒరియా, హిందీ, ఇంగ్లీషు|
|Sex ratio||0.972 ♂/♀|
|లోక్ సభ నియోజకవర్గం||Koraput|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||3|
|Precipitation||1,521.8 millimetres (59.91 in)|
ఈ ప్రాంతం ప్రాచీన కళింగ రాజ్యంలో భాగంగా అశోక చక్రవర్తి చేత పాలించబడింది. ఆరోజుల్లో వంశధార మరియు నాగావళి మధ్య ప్రాంతం మసాలా దినుసులకు ప్రసిద్ధిచెందింది. ఆ తర్వాత పాలించిన రాష్ట్రకూటులు ఖర్వేల వంశీకులచే చౌపగడ యుద్ధంలో ఓడింపబడ్డారు.
గంగవంశం మరియు సూర్యవంశపు రాజుల పాలనాకాలంలో ఈ ప్రాంతాన్ని కళింగ-ఉత్కళ రాజు దాదర్నాబ్ దేవ్ పరిపాలించాడు. తర్వాత చివరి గజపరి రాజైన ముకుంద్ దేవ్ ను 1519 లో గోహెరా టిక్రి వద్ద ఓడించి బహమనీ సుల్తానుల వశమైంది. నందాపుర్ రాజవంశీయులు సుమారు 47 సంవత్సరాలు పాలించారు. విశ్వంభర్ దేవ్ ను చంపి సర్కారు జిల్లాలను పాలిస్తున్న మొఘల్ రాజైన హసిన్ ఖాన్ దీన్ని వశంచేసుకున్నాడు.
ఈ ప్రాంతం కొంతకాలం బొబ్బిలి జమిందారీలో భాగంగా ఉండేది. తర్వాత బ్రిటిష్ పరిపాలనలో ఇది జైపూర్ పాలనలోను తర్వాత కొరాపుట్ జిల్లాలో భాగంగాను ఉండేది. ఒరిస్సా విస్తరణలో భాగంగా 2 అక్టోబర్ 1992 తేదీన రాయగడ జిల్లాగా అవతరించింది.
The Rayagada district covers an area of 7584.7 km2. There are several hills including Baphlimali, Azimali, Tikrimali known for rare medicinal plants and wildlife.
For the past six decades, Rayagada has seen institutions like IMFA, JKPAPER mills enriching the economy.
Rayagada has a great mineral source, with full of bauxite, silicon. According to a survey India has 56% of total bauxite storage of the world out of which Odisha has 62%. Out of that Rayagada has an 84% share. Depending on this, other industries like Birla, L&T, Sterlite showed an interest in Rayagada.
Rayagada is a destination for hotel industry: Hotels like Sai International, Jyotimahal, Vamsikrishna, Tejaswini, Kapilas, Raj Bhawan are a step ahead in this.
Besides these, small- and mid-scale industries enrich economy of Rayagada. Notable among them are Konark Alum Industries, Satyam Packers and Processors Pvt. Ltd.,etc.
Other industries like Jeypore Sugars Ltd., ferro manganese were supplementing economy of Rayagada, but due to shortage in supply these were closed. The jeypore sugars was established by the British which attracted loads of people from nearby states to Rayagada. The industrial atmosphere, great location and availability of resources around made Rayagada a prominent town in Odisha.
In 2006 the Ministry of Panchayati Raj named Rayagada one of the country's 250 most backward districts (out of a total of 640). It is one of the 19 districts in Odisha currently receiving funds from the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme (BRGF).
|No.||Constituency||Reservation||Extent of the Assembly Constituency (Blocks)||Member of 14th Assembly||Party|
|138||గునపూర్||షెడ్యూల్డ్ తెగలు||గునుపూర్ (ఎన్.ఎ.సి), గుదారి (ఎన్.ఎ.సి), గునుపూర్, గుదారి, రమణగూడా, పదంపూర్.||రామమూర్తి ముతిక||బిజూజనతాదళ్ బి.జె.డి|
|139||బిస్సం కటక్||ఎస్.టి.||బిస్సం, కటక్, మునిగుడా, చంద్రపూర్.||దంబరుధారా ఉలక||ఐ.ఎన్.సి.|
|140||రాయగడ||ఎస్.టి||రాయగడ(ఎం), రాయగడ, కాషిపూర్, కొల్నర, కల్యాన్సింగ్పూర్.||లాల్ బిహారి హిమిరిక||బి.జె.డి|
Rayagada railway station is an important station from where direct trains to Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Bhubaneswar, Raipur, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Jamshedpur, Jodhpur, New Delhi other large cities can be boarded. Gunupur is also an important railway station in the district . Gunupur via Parlakhemundi is connected to Naupada railway junction on the main East Coast railway line from Kolkatta to Chennai by 90 km long 1676mm broad gauge that was converted from 762mm (2 ft 6 in) narrow gauge in 2011 under Project Unigauge. The narrow gauge line called Paralakhemedi Light Railway (PLR) was established by Gajpatirajas of Paralakhemundi, the erstwhile Raja of Paralakhemedi. The Raja of Paralakhemedi decided to connect his capital with Naupada, which was only 40 km away. With the government giving sanction in 1898, work began in full earnest. The line was opened to traffic in 1900. This railway line was built at a cost of Rs 7 lakh. The Kimedi country, consisting of Paralakhemedi, Paddakimedi and Chinna Kimedi, was under a single ruler till 1607. Paralakhemedi came under British influence in 1768.
East Coast Railway came into existence in the year 1893 with the construction of the Cuttack-Khurda Road-Puri line, covering a distance of 96 km and its subsequent link along the East Coast up to Vijayawada — the junction point of Southern Maratha Railway and Nizam’s Guaranteed State Railway. As a result, a stretch of 1280 km of East Coast Railway, covering the entire coastal stretch of Cuttack, Khurda Road, Puri, Palasa, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, Kakinada, Rajahmundry, Vijayawada, was opened for traffic between 1893 to 1896. East Coast Railway brought rail line to Naupada in 1894.
Due to a change in the policy of the British Government, the Bengal Nagpur Railway, popularly known as the B.N.R, took over the northern section of East Coast Railway from Vizianagaram to Cuttack, including the Branch Line of Puri, by 23-01-1902. Accordingly, the working of the PLR was taken over by the Bengal-Nagpur Railway in 1902. In the first few years, the PLR had incurred losses but after 1910, it started making marginal profits and after 1924-25, the profits increased. This motivated the Raja to extend the line to Gunupur in two phases in 1929 and 1931. There were now a total of ten stations between Naupada and Gunupur. Tekkali, Paddasan, Temburu, Ganguvada, Patapatnam, Paralakhemedi, Kashinagar, Lihuri, Bansidhara and Palasingi.
The management of BNR was taken over by the Government of India in October 1944. On 14-04-1952, at the time of the re-grouping of the Indian Railways it became part of the Eastern Railway. The merger of B.N.R. into Eastern Railway, however, did not last long and on 01-08-1955 it was merged with newly constituted South Eastern Railway. During the SER centenary celebrations in 1987, set of four postage stamps were released. One of the stamps featured the PL 691 locomotive.
The standard type of locomotive on PLR was the 20 ton 0-6-4 tank locomotive with small (27 inch diameter) coupled wheels and an axle load of only 4.75 tons. …
The foundation-stone was finally laid for the Naupada-Gunupur gauge conversion work at Naupada on September 27, 2002. With effect from April 1, 2003, PLR became a part of the newly formed East Coast Railway. The line was finally closed for gauge conversion on June 9, 2004.
Khurda-Bolangir new 290 km long broad gauge railway line was sanctioned in 1995 but hardly half of the work has been completed. RTc depoits -03 ; Railway stations - 15
Though a tribal dominated area, the focus on education has been there since long. GCD High School holds a prominent place being the oldest in the region. Gopabandhu Municipal High School another educational institution has been critical in educating children of this town. The other schools in the region are Sacred Heart School, Maharshi Vidya Mandir, St. Xavier's High School (CBSE), L.P.S. Public School,L.P.S School (JAYKAYPUR),Vignan Vidayalaya and Green Valley Public School(PENTA). They are English medium school and affiliated to CBSE and ICSE Delhi. There is another school in Therubali - Chinmaya Vidyalaya affiliated to CBSE for studies up to 10 + 2.
Rayagada college imparts education at +2 and +3 levels for Science, Arts and Commerce stream. Women's college imparts education in +2 Science/Arts and Commerce. But at +3 level it imparts education for Arts stream only. State governments' diploma engineering college known as UTKAL GOURAB MADHUSUDAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (UGMIT) is present near by river Nagabali and imparts diploma courses in several branches of engineering.
Also the area has seen a rise in engineering colleges which apart from B.Tech in Engineering also have facilities for MCA, MBA, M.Tech and Bio-Technology courses.
- Majhigharaini Institute of Technology and Sciences (MITS)
MITS Rayagada (www.mitscollege.ac.in) established in 1997 under the management of Basantadevi Charitable Trust. MITS has developed into a sprawling campus of 50 acres (200,000 m2) in a picturesque location at Bhujbal, adjoining the State Highway No. 4 between Jeypore and Bhubaneswar. It drew its name from the Goddess Maghighariani, the reigning deity of Rayagada. This institute is part of MITS Group (www.mitsgroup.co.in) conglomerate of academic institutes, independent research laboratories and companies. The focus of the group is to have a synergy between its education, research and industry sector. Provides degree of M-tech, B-tech, MSc, BSc, BCA, ITI & Diploma courses to students all over the country. This is the first college in India to provide B-Tech in Bio-Technology apart from few IITs. The Bio-Technology Lab of MITS is best in class. MITS School of Bio-Technology (www.msb.ac.in) () is another college at Infosity, Bhubaneswar of the same MITS Group.
- GIACR: Gandhi Institute of Advanced Computer and Research another engineering college has given credibility to the education system in more than one ways. GIACR has produced young talents for the IT sector of India and world. Mr. P.Dinakar and Mr. P.C Mishra has made it a premier organisation in Odisha. It draws the attraction of some global tech. giants like TCS, INFOSYS,WIPRO for their recruitment process.
- GIST: A sister organisation of well known "Gandhi group" has successfully completed its one year in the field of engineering teaching. It is also another step taken by the "Gandhi group" for improving the education in Rayagada.
CTTC: Central tool room and training centre, a Government of India institute under MSME is forwarding in the field of engineering targeting the weeker section. CTTC with its unique course structure changing the unskilled and semi-skilled persons as skilled one and self-reliance as well. At the same time the high end course like MCC is producing perfect designers for future INDIA.
Centre for World Education Service, Rayagada is an Educational registered under Indian Society Act. Serving for diversified field of development in KBK District situated in Rayagada District renders sincere ungrudging service to the people and has made honest effort for academic improvement of different section of society. Though located in a backward district of Odisha there is the dawn of new such of prospectus looming large over its horizon. Rapid industrialization is taking place in the area. But the students and employees are not fit to cope with need challenging jobs causing under industrial sector.
Having establish and supported by high-level learned persons of India and Abroad CWES has its own credential in education sector providing quality service to the un-reached with an expose to international standards. CWES is an affiliate institute as Bharathiar University as Spot Admission and learning Centre for Odisha. CWES offers many professional courses such as MBA, MCA, PGDCA, M.Sc. Physics, M.Sc. Chemistry, M.Sc.Bio information, M.Sc.Environment Sc., B.Sc.IT, B.Sc.Computer. Sc., BCA, BBA, BBM, B.Sc.Maths., M.sc.Maths. CWES is quite popular as a language learning centre for English and German languages.
In addition to these, institutions like DATAPRO, TCIL are well known for their contribution toward computer education.
- మజ్జి గైరమ్మ దేవాలయం (Maa Majhighariani temple) - ఈ గ్రామ దేవత చాలా శక్తివంతమైనదిగా ఒరిస్సా మరియు ఆంధ్ర ప్రదేశ్ నుండి వచ్చే భక్తులచే కొలవడుతున్నది. కొండరాతి మీద మీద వెలసిన అమ్మవారి ముఖం మాత్రమే భక్తులకు కనిపిస్తుంది. ఇక్కడ ప్రతి సంవత్సరం చైత్ర మాసంలో ప్రత్యేక ఉత్సవాలు జరుగుతాయి.
- హతీ పత్తర్ (Hatipathar) - జిల్లా కేంద్రం నుండి 3 కి.మీ.దూరంలో ప్రకృతి సుందరమైన ప్రదేశం రెండు జలపాతాలు నాగావళి నది ప్రవాహంలో ఏర్పడి కనులవిందు చేస్తాయి. ఇక్కడి రెండు కొండ రాళ్ళు ఏనుగుల వలె కనిపించడం వలన ఈ పేరు వచ్చింది.
- లక్ష్మీనారాయణ దేవాలయం (Laxminarayan temple) - ఇక్కడ జగన్నాధస్వామి, బలభద్రుడు, సుభద్ర సహితంగా పూజింపబడుతున్నాడు. ఇది తెరువళి (Therubali) ప్రాంతంలో ఉన్నది. ఇక్కడ పూరీ లోవలె రథాయాత్ర జరుగుతుంది.
- పాయకపాడు (Paikapada) - తెరువళి ప్రాంతంలోనే ఇదొక పవిత్రమైన శివక్షేత్రం. ఇది మహాభారత యుద్ధం అనంతరం పరశురాముడు ప్రతిష్టించిన పంచలింగ క్షేత్రాలలో ఒకటిగా ప్రసిద్ధిచెందినది. ఇక్కడ శివుడు పాయకేశ్వర స్వామిగా భక్తులచే కొలవబడుచున్నాడు.
- చిత్రకోన (Chatikona) - ఇవి కొండలు మరియు లోయలతో సుందరమైన ప్రదేశము. ఇక్కడి మహాదేవుని ఆలయం ప్రసిద్ధిచెందినది.
- దేవగిరి (Devagiri) - ఇక్కడ గుహలో శివలింగం ప్రసిద్ధిచెందినది. కొండపైకి చేరడానికి మెట్లదారి ఉన్నది. చదునైన కొండ పైన త్రివేణి సంగమం ఉన్నది.
- పదంపూర్ (Padampur) - ఇక్కడ ప్రాచీనమైన మణికేశ్వరి శివాలయం ప్రసిద్ధిచెందినది. ఇది 7వ శతాబ్దపు బౌద్ధ ప్రముఖుడైన ధర్మకీర్తి నివసించిన ప్రాంతం.
According to Linga Puran, Bhimasankar temple in Bhimpur is around 100 km from Rayagada and around 30 km from Gunupur is one of the Jyotirling, situated at the western part of the holy Mahendragiri mountains and at the river bank of Mahendratanaya (which is also believed as the Daakini area by many historian), was excavated in 1974, having quadrangular Shakti around the Linga and decorated by a Upavita as per the puran.
Fairs and festivals[మార్చు]
- Chaitra Parba of Maa Maji Ghariani Goddess (mainly at housing board colony attracts all)
- Rath Yatra at Rayagada in July
- Ganesh Puja Celebration by individual community groups on the road side and streets is a cener of attraction
- Kali Puja at Block Colony, Rayagada in November
- Gaja Laxmi Puja at New Colony, Rayagada during kumarpurnima
- Dusshera at J.K. Pur & Brahmin street, Rayagada in October.
- Annual celebration of Gram Devata during March–April (9 days) at Rayagada
- Christmas in JEL Church.
- Subha udbodhan mahostav of Sri Sri Thakur Anukul Chandra at Serikona, Rayagada, in January
- Sree mahakala temple also situated at nanda pahad near gayatri temple gayatri nagar
Rayagada is well known for its contribution to Oriya literature. There are number of cultural magazines continuously published from Ryagada. Prominent writers of this district are sarbo sri Damborudhar Patnaik, Dr Dusmonta kumar Mohanty, Dr Kumudo ch. Mishra, Sibo Prasad Gantayat, Satyanarayan Gantayat, Basudev patro, Susant Nayak, Dwitichandra Sahu, Ram Krushna Pattnik, Kishor Mohapatro, Golok Dolai, Pratibha Dash, Pratibha mishra, Prakesh Mohapatro, Parth Sarathi Barik, etc.
The Oriya magazine The Jyotshna is known as the cultural mouthpiece of Rayagada. The magazine has been published since 1972. At first Jyotshna was published from Sunabeda of undivided Koraput district. Its founder is shri Basudev Patro and editor is smt Santilata Patro. Patro has written a number of short stories, poems, novels, sonnets, which brought critic's attention. His poem collection Konark has received a great deal of accolade from the Oriya readers. Now Konark is going to be published in English.
There are magazines like Panchaboti, Rayagada Samachar, AKASH, Green Room, etc. which enriched the cultural aspect of Rayagada. One of the editor of the Oriya magazine the SARVADOYO published from Cuttack's Bakhorabad Sri BHAGBAT PRASAD RATH hails from Rayagada Town. Sri B.P.Rath has written a number of novels in Oriya, like LUHORO MOSAL KEBE LIVENA, MONISO TOLE KANONO GOLE and in each and every novel he has emphasized on removal of social disparity. Sri B.P.Rath is facilitated by a number of organizations of India. In 1980s the magazines published by sri B.P. Rath, like Green Room has revousationalised the literary environment. Other notable names in the literary circles is Bh. Nageswara Rao. BH.V.Nageswar Rao has published innunerable articles in English and Telugu. His book entitled Insights into the Law of Karma' is published by Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan under their Book University Series. He also delivers pravacahams on Ramayana, Bhagavata, etc. He delivered speeches on Tiruppavai on behalf of Alwar Divya Prabandha Project, Tirumala-Tirupati Devasthanams, Tirupati.
- As evident by Andhra Historical Journal XXVII edition at page 46
- The rock inscription of Allahbad inscribed by Mahamantri Harisena provides evidence to this effect.
- A rock inscription found at Pataleswar temple in Brahmi script provides an evidence to this effect.
- Ministry of Panchayati Raj (September 8, 2009). "A Note on the Backward Regions Grant Fund Programme". National Institute of Rural Development. Retrieved September 27, 2011.
- Assembly Constituencies and their EXtent
- Seats of Odisha
- "List of Member in Fourteenth Assembly". ws.ori.nic.in. Retrieved 19 February 2013. "MEMBER NAME"
- "Assembly Constituencies - Corresponding Districts and Parliamentary Constituencies of Orissa" (PDF). Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-09-18.
||కలహంది జిల్లా||కంధమల్ జిల్లా.|
|కొరాపుట్ జిల్లా||విజయనగరం జిల్లా. ఆంధ్రప్రదేశ్||శ్రీకాకుళం జిల్లా , ఆంధ్రప్రదేశ్.|
|వికీమీడియా కామన్స్ లో రాయగడ కి సంబంధించిన మీడియా వుంది.|